Tree health care professionals of Naples, Florida share the reasons their customers should plant edible fruit trees.
What Are The Benefits of Planting Edible Fruit Trees?
Florida is an area of the world that is blessed with a wide variety of flora and fauna. Plants and trees grow well in the warmer climate this area provides. People in this area often pride themselves on their landscaping, but do they have trees that can serve multiple purposes? Edible fruit trees add not only a conversation piece to your yard, but also have many other benefits. These ideas and the best trees for the area will be discussed in the following paragraphs.
More Than Aesthetics: Why Plant Fruit Trees?
Trees in general are important to the environment and the local climate. Fruit trees add an extra layer of utility. The first part is simply aesthetics, fruit trees look different every season and because of this may be more appealing than some other trees that simply stay green year round.
A few of the other benefits of fruit trees are listed below:
- Natural Insulation: Trees near homes provide a natural form of insulation, helping to regulate temperature and creating a windbreak. This is why a line of trees along city streets is so helpful. It can actually prevent temperature extremes.
- Healthy Environment: Trees provide an essential function in nature, providing oxygen as a byproduct of their nutrient production.
- Fresher Fruit: Fruit retrieved from your own garden will be fresher and tastier in general than the stuff sold at the grocery store.
- Pollinators Benefit: Bees and other insects are attracted to the flowers of the fruit trees along with the branches and fruits providing food and habitat for other animals as well.
- Healthy Household: Eating healthier makes everyone feel better. Having easily accessed fresh fruit is great for snacking.
What Types of Fruit Trees Thrive in This Part of Florida?
Due to the lush nature of the local climate, there are many trees that can be grown in Florida yards. You can have your own little orchard with a wide range of fruit.
A few of the varieties that grow well in this area include:
Tips and Tricks for Tree Care and Maintenance
As with most other trees, fruit trees can benefit from receiving fertilizer, tree trimming, and tree pruning. Though these activities can technically be done DIY, the best way to proceed with any of these is to consult with a tree service company. A certified arborist can do soil testing to see what fertilizer is needed, and they have the proper equipment for performing trimming and pruning safely. An arborist can also identify and treat tree disease which can be detrimental to fruit trees. The best way to take care of your tree’s health is to leave it to the professionals. If the worst happens and your tree is beyond help, then tree removal is also an area where a reputable tree service company can help.
About Any Town Tree
Whether you need arboricultural assistance or a tree risk assessment, Any Town Tree is there for Naples, FL and the surrounding areas. We have high-end equipment and competitive estimates. Call today for a quote.