Tree care experts of Florida share the reasoning behind swift tree removal.
Why You Should Get Rid of that Dead Tree
The sentimental value of something like a tree cannot be overstated. Besides the memories that accompany long-standing structures, there is also the practical beauty of such things. The shade, the entertainment, and the attractiveness provided by a healthy tree are easy to recognize.
Curb appeal is that all-important term that covers how attractive a home is from the outside, particularly if it is being put on the market. Even if you are not interested in selling your home, you will likely prefer that your home not be a neighborhood eyesore. A dead tree or dead trees in your yard can be incredibly unattractive. As the tree deteriorates, it will drop branches on the yard and will require further yard work.
Pests and Disease
One of the major practical reasons for dead tree removal is that decaying trees invite pests. These can be of the insect variety, but that is not the only type of animal drawn to dead trees.
The following list is far from exhaustive, but demonstrates the serious need for dead tree removal:
- Borer Beetles
Growths like fungus can also grow from the nutrients present in dead wood. The problem is some of these fungi also attack living wood and can be a hazard to the other trees and plants in your yard.
Damage to Property and People
The number one reason to get that dead tree removed is the possibility of damage when the tree falls. Falling limbs can cause structural damage to your home and those of your neighbors. People and pets are in danger of injury from the same falling limbs. If the whole tree comes down, there will be even more mess to clean up and perhaps hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of damage to recover from.
A Job for the Pros
As much danger as a dead tree can cause, the problem will be much worse if someone who doesn’t have tree removal training attempts tree removal. Personal injury or worse can be the result of untrained tree trimming and removal. Leaving tree care to the trained professionals is the best way to preserve literal life and limb.
Here are the steps that should be followed to safely remove a dead or dying tree:
- Call the Professionals: Make contact with a reputable tree service company to schedule an appointment.
- Tree Risk Assessment: A certified arborist will need to assess the tree and the surrounding area in order to make a plan.
- Make a Plan: With the help of the arborist and their crew, you can make a plan for tree removal.
- Tree Removal and Disposal: The professional tree removal specialists will come and remove your dead tree and dispose of the wood.
- Stump Grinding/Removal: The final step is to ensure that no pests come to invade your yard or home and that the stump doesn’t cause an eyesore or a tripping hazard.
About Any Town Tree
Locally owned and operated Any Town Tree provides quality work at a reasonable price. Their staff has the experience to remove trees while keeping your home safe. Call today for a free estimate on tree trimming or removal in the Naples, FL area.